Fennario's Better Weather = "Betty"
Registration # FEN-MT2001 - 4
Dark sable/Black feet/Bronze eyes
A "Betty" Photo Journal
August West x Toodles
Birth order: 4th
Black body , white toes, pink pads, white tip on tail
Direwolf Dogs of Fennario Temperament Test #3 - 6 to 6.5 weeks Collar color: Red
Registration # FEN - MT2001 - 4 Name: Betty
1. Drop an object in the den away from the pups (performed with a large plastic jar filled with paperclips and such. - while puppies were fully alert and playing.) score 9-10
2. Using your whole hand, roughly pet the pup from muzzle to tail score 9-10
3.Pick up the pup using your whole hand to simulate mother dog's mouth score 8-9
4. Turn the pup over on it's back fully supported score 9-10
5. Place the pup in a high sided wicker basket. How does this pup act when separated from it's littermates? score 5-6
Surprisingly was worried, fretting and whining, trying to move up and/or out
6. Replace the pup near it's siblings but not with them. How does the pup react? score 7-8
Turned in circles, seemed confused, then knocked into a sibling and started playing
Direwolf Dogs of Fennario TEMPERAMENT TESTS - 2.5 to 3 weeks Collar color: Red
Litter # WOTF-1 Registration # FEN - MT2001-4 name: Betty
1. Drop an object into the den, away from the pups. How did this puppy react? score 7-8
Flinched and quickly looked in that direction. Sat looking, then forgot about it and started chewing on neighbors head
2. Using you whole hand, roughly pet the pup from muzzle to tail. score 10+
Leaned into my hand, raised head and closed eyes to meet my hand. Curious, tried to taste and feel my hand with her mouth almost immediately.
3. Pick up the pup from its den using your whole hand to simulate mother dogs mouth. score 7-8
Grunted on lifting. Hung loose. Started whining quietly, kicked her back leg once.
4. Turn the pup over on its back securely supported score 7-8
A little tense in body, tail tucked up, intense eye contact. Turned head only in Dave's direction at the sound of his voice, then turned back to me seeking my eyes. When she found them she whined slightly. Remained tense, tail between legs.
5. Place the pup in a high-sided wicker basket by itself. How did this puppy react when separated
from its littermates? score 7-8
Immediately started to turn herself clockwise - slowly but consistently. Investigated all the sides, sniffing and licking, pawed at the side, lost balance fell over, got up, looked up- tried lifting herself up. Quiet the whole time
6. Place the puppy back near its siblings, but not with them. How does this puppy react? score 7-8
Sat down, looked around thinking for quite some time. Got up and pounced on Stella and they played for a good length. It was almost an hour before she slept.
Direwolf Dogs of Fennario TEMPERAMENT TESTS Birth to 3 days old. Collar color: Red
Litter # WOTF-1 Registration # FEN - MT2001-4 name: Better Weather - "Betty"
1. How does this pup come into the world? score 9-10
Rear first, sac on. Breathed but didn't cry for longer than the other 3. Quiet for cleaning, nursed relatively soon.
2. Noises this pup makes during the 1st 24 hours of life score 9-10
Hums or grunts when she eats, some grunting when she tries to crawl over her littermates. Squeals when detached from the teat unexpectently, stopped immediately. Looked for nipple went back to humming. I don't see or hear from this pup very much she gives me no cause to look at or hear her. Grunts when cleaned.
3. What is the energy level of this pup? score 9-10
Low. Eats, crawls around sleeps. The only time she is obviously active is when she eats. Flips herself around and is forceful about getting her milk.
4. What is the reaction of this pup to the first medical examination? score 7-8
Struggled a bit more than I thought she would, turned forcefully into the side of the scale container, craned her head around to the side of it and kept her head there for as long as I examined her. Did not try to leave or circle. Grunted and protested about having her genitals checked.
5. What is the reaction of this pup when turned over on its back? score 9-10
Practically none. Settled in and relaxed immediately. Make little sucking noises.
6. What is the reaction of this pup when placed back with it’s mother? score 9-10
Bobbed head and thought about it. Curled up, gave a big sigh and went to sleep.
7. What is the reaction of this pup when petting/pressure are applied? score 9-10
None. Went to sleep. Backward petting caused her to stir a little, but nothing really of note.